Embrace the beauty of winter at Iowana Beach
Escape this winter in the midst of snow capped trees and serene lake views where you’ll discover a winter wonderland on secluded Portage Lake. The combination of isolation, great fishing, cozy modern cabins with all the amenities and our GREAT WINTER RATES make Iowana Beach Resort a true winter paradise.
Snowmobilers will find Iowana Beach Resort centrally located within the Soo Line, Eagle Loop and the Pipeline Snowmobile Trails with direct access to over 1000 miles of groomed trails to explore and enjoy! Step out of your cabin and snowmobile right to the trails!
Did you say Ice Fishing? Find yourself surrounded by some of the best ice fishing you’ll find Up North! Portage Lake is known for its winter Crappie, however you’ll still be in the running for a nice Perch, Walleye or Northern pike. Portage Lake is the perfect sized lake to bring home the big ones yet feel the seclusion and serenity like no one else is around.
***Two world class fisheries***
Use the Winter Checklist below to make sure you are ready for your Winter Fishing Trip.
- Portable Ice Shack
- 5 gal Buckets
- Ice Cleats
- Fish Finder/ Graph
- Tip Ups
- Folding Chair or bucket seat
- Slippers for cabin
- Snow Shovel (for fishing)
- Ice Fishing Poles
- Ice hole skimmers
- Ice fishing lures/ forceps to remove hooks
- Ice Auger
- Insulated Minnow Bucket
- Minnow Net
- Tire Chains
- Extra gloves
- Filet knife
- Hand/ foot warmers (chemical packets)
- Ice Picks (life-saving gear)
- Portable Heater (inside fish-house/outside)
- Thermal gear (socks, gloves, hat, layering clothes, snow pants, boots, etc)
- Shower Towels
- Personal Toiletries
- Bath Soap-Shampoo
- Paper Towels
- Lighter Fluid
Recommended Winter Fishing Tackle for Portage Lk.
- Glow Jigs Tipped w/Minnows
- Buck Shot Spoons
- Airplane Jigs
- Forage Minnows
- Scud Bugs-Larvae types
- *Anything that glows/shines should do the job ?
Ice Fishing Poles
- 27 inch (shorter) ice fishing poles (aka ultra light)
- 2 to 4 lb test line
- Bring Tip ups if you’d like to set them outside the house
Many winter activities surround Iowana Beach Resort
so this year why not try a winter vacation in the wilderness!